Thursday, February 23, 2006

Yes, I'm a Christian

Yes, I'm a believer. Christian. I gave my life to Jesus Christ on Dec. 9, 1972. Now, I grew up Catholic in a Catholic family. And I love everyone in the family. I just don't agree with Catholic doctrine. As a Catholic, I used to think I was a Christian. At least, that's what I was told. Well, there were times when I felt empty, depressed. Something just was not right. The problem with the Catholic church is that it's so full of rituals, religious stuff. God wants us to have a personal relationship with him, not a bunch of silly rules and rituals. Now, the empty feeling is gone. I know Christ is with me now. And that's because someone led me to the Lord. I prayed the sinner's prayer. Did you think I did this on my own? No, I didn't.

Now, I know that there's a good chance someone reading this will know me. Like family & friends. LOL. You may wonder why I'm doing this. Going public with all this. Well, because I want to. I enjoy it. I think it helps me to express myself. Now, don't worry, there will be no last names, phone numbers, or addresses here. And I can delete something if I have to. So, it's all good! I haven't had any problems with anyone about this journal. Of course, there's stuff that I'm not going to mention here. It's personal. Private. But what I do share, it's not a problem. That's what a journal is. Sharing. And the fact that I like color! See?

One other thing, when I gave my life to God, I was 21. I'm now 54. Also, it may be that some of you didn't know that before I got saved, I was really thinking of ending my life. It was that bad. It was torment. But I'm glad I didn't. Now, I am at peace. Thank God for that.

Thanks for hearing me out. Have a good day!

Jeff

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Romans 1:16a
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth;

Thank you for putting your testimony on-line it was a blessing to me. Never be ashamed of Jesus He did so much for you.

Matthew 10:32, 33
Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

Jeff said...

Thank you, edifyoneanother, for your comments and scripture. God bless!