Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Midwest Regional Singles Conference (continued)

On Saturday morning, I had breakfast and then went to the first morning session. It was on "A Single's best friend: Jesus", with Nancy Honeytree as the speaker. It was held in the Back 40 meeting room. The session was really interesting. Honeytree shared her own personal testimony and how Jesus can be our best friend. It was really fun! I also had the opportunity to be right in the first row.

The second morning session was in the same place with Honeytree speaking on "Purify My Heart".

In the afternoon, there were two sessions.

The first afternoon session was with Jean Coleman on "Enlarging Your Vision" in the camp tabernacle.

The second afternoon session was in the camp tabernacle, too. It was concerning "overcoming Inferiority" with Marilyn Edgeley. Marilyn is a very energetic, bubbly, exciting type of person. She is single and has not only a teaching ministry but also sings. She had a good message. I ordered the tape. This session is where I also ushered.

In the evening service, Paul Johansson shared on "the battle within". It was a dynamic service. At the end of the service, I had a chance to go to the front with the other ushers and also pray for a young woman. That was quite an experience!

Afterwards, we all went to the lodge for a time of fellowship, snacks, and entertainment. It was quite a day!

On Sunday morning, I woke up, took a shower, ate breakfast, then went to the camp tabernacle for the closing service with Mike Cavanaugh. After the service, I went to the lodge and had dinner. After that, the girls and I left the camp and headed back home for Findlay.


No comments: