Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Midwest Regional Singles Conference

On Friday, Aug. 16, 1985 in Angola, Indiana, I attended a singles conference called "Discover God's Plan for your Singleness". I was 34 at the time. The conference was August 16-18, 1985.

On Friday, I got my suitcases packed and was out at Hope Temple (the church I was attending at the time) by 1 pm. I left for Indiana with my friends, Mary Seibert, Bev Mishler, Barb Ferrance, and Nancy Hermon. When we got there and had registered, we went to a Mexican restaurant named Carouso's for dinner. The food was good and we had a good time. The service that night was with Paul Johansson on "Preparing for Battle". Went to a coffeehouse afterwards.

The dorm I was staying in was called Metzger. It was very close to the camp tabernacle. My roomate's name was Joe Greene. I met alot of new people during the weekend. The whole conference was a really inspiring and life changing experience. I really enjoyed meeting other people. Everyone was really friendly. I met some very interesting people. One person I met was named Rose. She wasn't all that pretty, but she and I hit it off pretty well. I met her Sunday morning at the lodge dining hall at breakfast. She and some others were from Pastor Ernie Weaver's church. She had a nice personality and communicated well. She was a secretary. Some of the other things I enjoyed were the coffeehouse sessions. The fellowship was good and the talent was good, too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

JESUS,MY BEST FRIEND MY LIGHT.
EI...GOD BLESS YOU EVERY MOMENT IN YOUR LIFE.
I LOVE'D SEE PERSON TOO CLOSE WITH LORD.

Jeff said...

Thank you, zumzumcat for your comment. God bless you!